We create visuals to support and strengthen the legal narrative of your case. We help other attorneys and their clients win cases by setting up a visual litigation strategy.
We work on cases involving various legal specialisations and sector groups. For example: oil and gas litigation and arbitration, corporate governance issues, liability cases, regulated markets and breach of contract issues.
Are you currently working on a complex case? Get in touch, and let us show you how legal design may help.
BRING CLARITY TO COMPLEXITY
- Present large amounts of data and evidence.
- Prevent cognitive information overload.
- Present arguments and their relationships more effectively.
Better Understanding, No Blind Spots
- Visuals make an impact and will be remembered.
- Stand out from the crowd.
IMPROVE CLIENT INVOLVEMENT
- Convey information effectively to client.
- Test arguments with the business.
- Improve commitment, show your understanding of the case.
Legal Design x Contracts
Contracts are often long, complex, and boring. We help lawyers and businesses to draft contracts that people actually read and understand.
Would you like to make your contracts more user-friendly? Get in touch to see if we can help you out.
Improve Client Satisfaction, By Improving the User Experience
- Negotiations aided by visuals are more engaging.
- Parties come to the core issues faster.
- The process is more positive and user-centric.
CONVINCE JUDGES, WIN CASES
- Better understanding of core clauses.
- More positive reading experience.
Improve net promoter score
- Important contracts are milestones for your client’s business.
- Contracts need to be user-centric and clear to non-legal people.
- Demystify the legal process.
Legal Design x Legal Advice
Are you a litigator that has to convey the litigation strategy to the board of directors? Are you a corporate lawyer that has to explain the contractual mechanism of a cross border transaction to the legal team?
We can facilitate that process. We have broad experience in translating the legal core of a memorandum or advice into a visual explainer. This explainer may function as reading guide to the underlying memorandum or contract.
benefits of the visual explainer
- Better understanding of business strategy.
- Bridge the gap between drafters and users.
- Visuals get actually read and understood.
How we work
We are lawyers. We have worked for The Big Firms. We understand the pressure cooker you live in when closing a deal, filing a submission or preparing a hearing. We can act quickly and are used to tight timelines.
- We understand the level of scrutiny a legal document gets. And apply the same standards to our visuals and services.
- We adhere to your brand, style and tone of voice.
- We value long-term relationships with each of our clients.
- We form an integral part of your team.
- We are responsive.
- One point of contact.
Security and Confidentiality
- We protect your data.
- We keep information confidential. Period.
Who we are
Maurits Fornier is the founder of Fornier Legal Design. He is a lawyer and legal designer based in Amsterdam.
Prior to that, Maurits worked as a lawyer in the arbitration and litigation team of Freshfields in Amsterdam. As a lawyer Maurits experienced first-hand the vast amount of information lawyers, clients and judges need to process and comprehend.
To deal with this challenge, he started using visuals, diagrams and flowcharts. It was a logical step to use these visuals not only as an analytical tool to structure thinking internally, but take them out ‘to the real world’.
Maurits started using visuals to communicate with clients in order to further develop legal reasoning and case strategy. And lastly, to argue the case in court.
Sera Visser is a lawyer and legal designer based in Amsterdam.
Prior to joining Fornier Legal Design, Sera was a lawyer in the corporate team of Freshfields in Amsterdam, where she specialized in M&A and corporate litigation.
Sera uses design principles to help clients solve legal problems. We work on projects related to contracting, compliance, negotiations, and litigation.
Our clients include start-ups, multinationals and law firms.
Enyo Lake is our Office Manager. Prior to joining us she worked in the Events & Facilities Team at Google Netherlands.
We would love to meet you
Would you like to hear more about possible applications of legal design? Or see how we can help in a specific case you’re working on?
Please get in touch. A quick call often achieves more than series of emails. Please feel free to give me a call on +31 6 34929689.
Prefer email? No problem. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.